Spring Fair – June 1
The Fair will take place in our backyard and playground space and feature a BBQ, bouncy castle, sports and a stage with Brooklyn’s most exciting acts (like our brand new Cheerleading Squad!). Sign up here to volunteer your time, skills or supplies.
Lunch and Recess Helpers
Can you volunteer to help out at recess and lunch? PS 282 needs you! A group of volunteer parents, working in collaboration with A.I. Principal Ms. Sidbury, school aides and the PTO, are recruiting other parents who can come from 11am-12pm during the critical K-3 lunch and recess time to lend a hand. Sign up here or list of lunch/recess volunteer duties and ideas
282 school tours are a great opportunity to share our incredible school with prospective parents and students. If you would like to help lead tours please contact Shanikka White. We offer training to those that want it and will provide a helpful “cheat sheet” to all tour guides on the day.
Volunteering your time, talents, or professional expertise is one of the most immediate and impactful ways to help the 282 community.
Volunteering can take many different forms:
- Being a class parent and connecting class activities with the PTO
- Helping out in person at school events and fundraisers (most start after 5pm to accommodate working parents)
- Serving on a PTO sub-committee
- Working from home on collaborative projects with the PTO and administration (examples: grant writing, website building, event planning and strategizing)
- Donating baked goods to food sales such as Movie Night Concessions or the Election Day Bake Sale
- Getting the word out in your Brooklyn community about PS/MS 282’s successes and initiatives
Whether you work full time or part time, whether you live miles away or right across the street, we will find a way to match your schedule and interests to a volunteer need at our school. At PS/MS 282, we believe that with the power of our parents and guardians behind us, we can achieve anything!