Volunteer Sign Up
Fair for the Arts
Event Chair: Angela Bellisio
Library Volunteers – Come help the substitute librarian shelve books.
Volunteering your time, talents, or professional expertise is one of the most immediate and impactful ways to help the 282 community.
Volunteering can take many different forms:
- Being a class parent and connecting class activities with the PTO
- Helping out in person at school events and fundraisers (most start after 5pm to accommodate working parents)
- Serving on a PTO sub-committee
- Working from home on collaborative projects with the PTO and administration (examples: grant writing, website building, event planning and strategizing)
- Donating baked goods to food sales such as Movie Night Concessions or the Election Day Bake Sale
- Getting the word out in your Brooklyn community about PS/MS 282’s successes and initiatives
Whether you work full time or part time, whether you live miles away or right across the street, we will find a way to match your schedule and interests to a volunteer need at our school. At PS/MS 282, we believe that with the power of our parents and guardians behind us, we can achieve anything!