Volunteer Sign Up
282 school tours are a great opportunity to share our incredible school with prospective parents and students. If you would like to help lead tours please contact Shanikka White. We offer training to those that want it and will provide a helpful “cheat sheet” to all tour guides on the day.
Election Bake Sale
Event Chair: Jade George
Volunteering your time, talents, or professional expertise is one of the most immediate and impactful ways to help the 282 community.
Volunteering can take many different forms:
- Being a class parent and connecting class activities with the PTO
- Helping out in person at school events and fundraisers (most start after 5pm to accommodate working parents)
- Serving on a PTO sub-committee
- Working from home on collaborative projects with the PTO and administration (examples: grant writing, website building, event planning and strategizing)
- Donating baked goods to food sales such as Movie Night Concessions or the Election Day Bake Sale
- Getting the word out in your Brooklyn community about PS/MS 282’s successes and initiatives
Whether you work full time or part time, whether you live miles away or right across the street, we will find a way to match your schedule and interests to a volunteer need at our school. At PS/MS 282, we believe that with the power of our parents and guardians behind us, we can achieve anything!